tiistaina, heinäkuuta 24, 2007

the quotes of the day

'Safe?' said Mr. Beaver...'Who said anything about safe? 'Course He isn't safe. But He's good. He's the King, I tell you.'


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

(-Robert Frost: The Road Not Taken)

3 kommenttia:

Blogger Veera kirjoitti...

Narnia rulez! :)

(ja älykkäiden kommenttien sarja loppuu nyt tähän)

25 heinäkuuta, 2007 11:33  
Blogger Paavo Toivanen kirjoitti...

No niin! Jatkakaamme älykkäiden kommenttien sarjaa.

Taidan ihan piruuttani liimata tähän palasen lisuriluonnosta! Kärsi(kää)!

Eustace’s parents are ridiculed through direct authorial comment, and Eustace’s attachment to his parents’ values of tee-totallerism, vegetarianism and progressive education, as well as his “priggishness”, is countered with a plot that makes him grow out of this heritage. What was Eustace’s sin, then?

Freedom from parental control in Narnia enables child empowerment through their reaching the world of outside, a world in which children are able to make choices that matter on their own, of independent moral action, outside the risk of parental intervention. The Narnian world represents a ritual space to the socially liminal age of childhood with its non-existent legal subjects.

Että semmoista tällä viikolla. Aurinkokin näyttää melkein paistavan :)

28 heinäkuuta, 2007 13:36  
Blogger Veera kirjoitti...

No news is good news? Mitä kuuluu?

07 elokuuta, 2007 12:08  

Lähetä kommentti

Tilaa Lähetä kommentteja [Atom]

<< Etusivu