keskiviikkona, heinäkuuta 18, 2007

summary of summer

Because this site has been almost dead for a long time I think it´s time to summarize what I´ve been doing this past month. (Just in case I still have some loyal visitors...)

July, week one
I went to the summer cottage with T and my sister for four days. It RAINED. When we drove back from there it was perfectly beautiful and sunny the whole way. Hmm. It was nice to get out from Tampere and even nicer to get back! I think those four days were a perfect holiday. After a perfect holiday you just love to get back home where you don´t have to start every morning by burning wood for heating up the place, or where after taking a shower you are actually cleaner and not more dirty than before! :) Really, it was nice to be there and meet my Grandmother. I also found some blueberries in the forest. By now there are them everywhere but a couple of weeks ago it was a nice surprise.



July, week two
London! It was my first time there and it was really nice. Our hotel room was just a bit too "romantic", if you know what I mean, but otherwise it was really nice. We walked a lot. The weather was sunny but not too hot. I drank countless big beautiful mugs of coffee in Starbucks. Attendance is free even to the best museums in London, so we spent quite some time in them. I saw Van Gogh´s painting the Sunflowers! On our last day there, we went to a Sunday service to the Kensington Temple. If I had to move to London I think that would definitely be the church I´d attend to. Great atmosphere.



Today
Asuntomessut (Housing Fair) in Hämeenlinna. There are 54 houses there and we checked every single one of them. It means six hours of walking. Feet hurting at the moment. (Yeah! says T.) We got plenty of ideas for our future house! (We´re not planning to build/buy a house of our own anytime in the near future, but who knows if one day when our current place becomes too small, maybe.) Now we have a huge amount of prochures and pictures of houses at home and I´m starting to be a bit house-feverish...!



Tomorrow we´re going to teach some drama to one of the LFK teams and on Friday the plan is to meet some friends. On Saturday we´re going to go to a wedding!

5 kommenttia:

Blogger Veera kirjoitti...

Hei! Olin aikeissa päivittää omaa "kesätiivistelmää" just, mutta tulinkin tsekkaamaan tämän ensin. Hauskaa kuulla sit joskus teidän "romanttisesta" Lontoon hotellista... voidaan vertailla kokemuksia! Ja meillä on TÄSMÄLLEEN samanlainen valokuva subway-merkistä, paitsi että siinä lukee Pimlico. :) See you tomorrow!

19 heinäkuuta, 2007 20:42  
Anonymous Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Just HOW beautiful is a big beautiful cup of coffeeee?... :)

(did I hear Timo sighing?..)

20 heinäkuuta, 2007 12:48  
Anonymous Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Sorry to comment in many pieces (not meaning myself), but this headline "summary of summer" reminds me of a name of a song performed by the funny and famous Finnish group Trio Töykeät: "Insane in Seine".

weehe... maybe Kata, at least you understand me?


s :)

20 heinäkuuta, 2007 12:53  
Anonymous Anonyymi kirjoitti...

hooray, viimein päivitys! :D
kiva että lontoossa oli hauskaa (mutta hei, mites muutenkaan -sehän on lontoo) ja ikävä sua mussukka <3
ollaan yhteyksissä!

20 heinäkuuta, 2007 17:40  
Blogger Katariina kirjoitti...

Veera: Meillä on tuollainen kuva myös asemalta nimeltä Paddington (ei karhuherran takia vaan hotellimme sijainnin) :)

S: Imagine all that is beautiful in the world, and even more! And yes, I understand you completely, when it comes to Insane in Seine!

Anna: Milloinkas sopisi tulla kyläilemään? <3

24 heinäkuuta, 2007 12:51  

Lähetä kommentti

Tilaa Lähetä kommentteja [Atom]

<< Etusivu